World have witnessed recently a rapid progress in many fields which lead to increase the learners knowledge demands in different aspects of life .Thus the need of using modern methods to fulfill these demands and inefficiency of classic learning entities have participated mainly in inventing new technology called
e-learning is wide and complicated concept which has obvious effect in many aspect of life . It needs support from different sectors to achieve its goals because e-learning is not only a method of conveying information. It is how to use the modern technologies efficiently to reach the information quickly with low cost.
What is eLearning ?
eLearning is a method for teaching and training by using the modern communication techniques whether remote or local for
the sake of delivering information for learners or trainees as fast as possible at the lowest minimum cost in such a way that enables the management of the teaching process accurately and
the appraisal of learners' performance.
eLearning consist of 2 types :
Synchronous learning occurs in real-time, with all participants interacting at the same time. It involves the exchange of ideas and information between the lecturer and participants during the same period of time such as :
asynchronous learning is self-paced and allows participants to engage in the exchange of ideas or information without the dependency of other participants involvement at the same time.
The advantages of eLearning :
- Breaking the limits of time and place in the teaching or learning process like the availability of curricula all day for a whole week i.e. it permits learning for all at any time and any place.
- Ensuring the ideal allocation of limited sources.
- Giving the trainers the chance to interact
electronically among themselves and with the trainer via the
E-mail and discussion and chat rooms etc .
- Spreading the culture of self learning and self
training which helps improving and developing the capability of
learners and trainees at the lowest cost and effort.
- Giving the trainees the sense of fairness of chances
and overcoming the feeling of fear and worry.
- Accessibility to the teacher or expert after work
- Following various techniques more accurate and
fairer in evaluating the learners' and trainees' performance.
- Enabling the trainee to receive the subject material
in a way convenient with his abilities whether text s , audio or
visual or etc.
- Meeting the need for the teaching staff or qualified
trainers in some fields.
- Contributing in upgrading the cultural, scientific and
social level among society or organization.
- Providing multiple scientific sources.
- Reducing the cost of wages of training in/out the country including the cost of travel, transport and living, the cost of books and the lecturers .